Improve the quality of your life
Stay healthy, prevent injuries and manage your health
Is the amount of time you’re spending at your desk resulting in tight shoulders, neck or a sore back? Have you been putting up with an injury that’s affecting the quality of life? Would improved strength and flexibility help your tennis and golf game or personal best at the next triathlon or half marathon?
LifeCare Malvern Exercise Physiologists are University qualified allied health professionals specialising in strength training, chronic disease management, exercise rehabilitation and fitness training. Our evidence based clinical exercises help clients who have chronic conditions, chronic disease and injuries. We also work with clients who want to improve their health and fitness or to increase their competitive edge.
Our highly trained and accredited Exercise Physiologists help people of all ages and levels of fitness including office workers, parents and grandparents who like to keep fit and healthy, weekend warriors and sports people. We help them improve their strength and power, coordination, agility and endurance and flexibility.
LifeCare Malvern offers scientific, evidence based strength, strength and conditioning training classes that help people who have:
- Low back pain,
- Tendon pain (known as tendinopathy),
- Neck and shoulder stiffness,
- Hip pain, and
- Knee problems (including ACL injuries, knee osteoarthritis, patello-femoral joint pain)
What is an Exercise Physiologist?
Exercise Physiologists are 4-year University qualified allied health professionals who focus on delivering exercise, behavioural and lifestyle modification programs for the prevention and management of chronic diseases and injuries. Under the Exercise & Sport Science Australia (ESSA) national accreditation program for Exercise Physiologists we work with conditions including:
- Cardiovascular disease
- Depression and anxiety
An accredited Exercise Physiologist is the most highly qualified exercise professional in Australia with the skills, knowledge and ability to work with people with complex and/or chronic diseases, healthy people who want to improve their strength and health and people with injuries and those needing rehabilitation.
Various rebates are available for exercise physiology services including:
- Medicare (under the GP referred Chronic Disease Management Plan)
- Some private health funds
What are the differences between Exercise Physiologists and other exercise professionals?
Have you been trying to work out the differences between an Exercise Physiologist and other exercise professionals? When it comes to your health, fitness and wellbeing we believe that it is important that the person who is looking after your exercise requirements has the best accreditation, training, University qualifications and experience.
The Exercise Physiologists at Lifecare Malvern are:
- University qualified and trained to work with people who want to improve their health and wellbeing and/or who may be suffering a chronic illness or disease
- Undertake strict annual accreditation requirements
- Have postgraduate qualified exercise specialisations with an ability to deliver strength and conditioning expertise, fitness classes and who have in-depth knowledge about anatomy including the function of muscles and ligaments, nerves and organs of the body.
- Are registered with Medicare Australia, WorkCover, the Department of Veteran’s Affairs and most private health insurers
Our accredited Exercise Physiologists have the extensive knowledge, skills and experience in clinical exercise delivery to provide health modification counselling for people with chronic disease and injury. We are different to Personal Trainers and other Exercise Professionals because our post-graduate qualifications allow us to:
- Prescribe and deliver strength and conditioning and fitness classes for people with chronic diseases and conditions including cancer, heart, kidney and lung diseases, diabetes, asthma and other respiratory conditions, arthritis (osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis) and osteoporosis
- Use mobility, exercise, movement, strength and stability to help our patients achieve their goals
- Work beyond the acute stages of rehabilitation.
To book an appointment with one of our experienced and accredited Exercise Physiologists call us on 03 9509 8844.