Sports Doctors are medical doctors with training in the assessment and management of injuries and illnesses related to sport and all forms of exercise. Our doctors have gained experience dealing with elite athletes and use this expertise in the management of all patients.
Sport & Exercise Medicine Physicians treat a variety of problems or issues including:
- Diagnosis and management of exercise and physical activity related musculoskeletal overuse injuries and trauma
- Diagnosis, management and exercise prescription for osteoarthritis
- Specialist training in use of diagnostic ultrasound as well as ultrasound guided injections
- Biomechanical analysis of sporting techniques
- Treating head injuries/concussion associate with sport and optimising a safe return to play
- Exercise prescription for patients with medical conditions such as epilepsy, diabetes and pre-diabetes, obesity, osteoporosis, osteoarthritis or cardiac conditions
- Wheelchair and physically-challenged persons who exercise including the Elite Athlete with a Disability (EAD)
No referral is required to see a LifeCare Malvern Sports Physician.
As seen with the high profile sporting clubs on television and in the news, Sports Physicians are at the forefront of the most effective treatment of any injury to muscles, joints, ligaments, tendons and joints.
LifeCare Malvern Sports Physicians work closely with other health professionals such as GP's, specially qualified Sports Physiotherapists, Orthopaedic Surgeons, Rheumatologists, Sports Psychologists, Osteopaths, Chiropractors, Dietitians, Podiatrists and Sports Psychologists.