Are you a ‘weekend warrior’, avid golfer, enthusiastic tennis player or a regular runner who has sustained a sports injury? Perhaps the time spent at your desk and computer screen have made your neck, back and shoulders tight and sore? Or maybe the hours caring for your children or grandchildren have resulted in aching muscles?
We help people of all ages and levels of fitness and health that want to improve their strength and power, coordination, agility and endurance and flexibility.
Our highly trained, experienced and accredited Exercise Physiologists and Physiotherapists provide the following strength and conditioning programs:
- Sports specific conditioning
- Junior elite sport management including balancing performance enhancement with injury prevention
- Improving muscle movement, strength and flexibility
- Running gait training
- Motor control and learning
From low back pain, tendon pain (known as tendinopathy), neck stiffness, hip pain, knee problems (including ACL injuries, osteoarthritis and patellofemoral joint pain) LifeCare Malvern offers scientific, evidence based strength and conditioning training.
Lifecare Malvern Strength & Conditioning Classes
Would you like to exercise in a group-training environment under the guidance and supervision of a Physiotherapist or Exercise Physiologist? Improve your quality of life with LifeCare Malvern Strength and Conditioning classes. Our clinical approach ensures the class takes into account your individual goals, general fitness, injuries and chronic condition or disease.
Our classes are held in a comfortable, safe environment and are suitable for all ages and fitness levels and can help you:
- Increase muscle strength and tone
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Improve muscle movement
- Achieve better blood sugar control
- Increase bone strength and reduce the risk of osteoporosis
- Improve posture, flexibility and balance.
During the individually tailored classes you will:
- Exercise in a fun and social environment
- Learn how to exercise safely and efficiently
- Stay inspired and on-track with your exercise program
- Exercise under professional guidance to ensure your technique and form is correct
- Get progressively stronger, fitter and healthier
Before you join a class an initial 1:1 assessment is required. Classes are held at various times through the week for an hour with a maximum of 4 people per class. During the class you will get one-on-one attention to your exercise technique and receive hand-on correction if required.
We suggest you wear light, comfortable clothing with appropriate, closed footwear. It is important to bring a towel, water bottle and any medications you may need during the class.
Under Medicare's Chronic Disease Management Plan you may be eligible for partial subsidised payment of your one on one initial or review appointment.
Under your private health insurance extras cover, our classes may be claimable.
If our Strength & Conditioning class sounds right for you or if you would like to find out more, call us today on 03 9509 8844.
What are the health benefits of resistance training?
According to Better Health Channel Victoria, “physical and mental health benefits that can be achieved through resistance training include:
- Greater stamina – as you grow stronger, you won’t get tired as easily
- Improved mobility and balance
- Improved posture
- Decreased risk of injury
- Increased bone density and strength and reduced risk of osteoporosis
- Improved sense of wellbeing – resistance training may boost your self-confidence, improve your body image and your mood
- A better night’s sleep and avoidance of insomnia
- Increased self-esteem
- Enhanced performance of everyday tasks.”
- Improved muscle strength and tone – to protect your joints from injury
- Maintaining flexibility and balance, which can help you remain independent as you age
- Weight management and increased muscle-to-fat ratio – as you gain muscle, your body burns more kilojoules when at rest
- May help reduce or prevent cognitive decline in older people
- Prevention or control of chronic conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, arthritis, back pain, depression and obesity
- Pain management
How do I join a Strength & Conditioning Class?
Before you take part in our Strength and Conditioning group exercise classes, our Physiotherapists or Exercise Physiologists will conduct an initial consultation and assessment. Following this we will design an appropriate, individualised group exercise program. You will then be ready to attend your first class.
Our strength and conditioning classes are suitable for a wide range of people including:
- Desk bound workers who have muscular pain
- People recovering from general or orthopaedic surgery
- Professional athletes and ‘weekend warriors’
- Injured workers preparing to return to the workforce
- New mums
- People suffering from arthritis
The benefits you get from Lifecare Malvern Strength and Conditioning classes, led by our highly trained and experienced Exercise Physiologists and Physiotherapists include:
- Treating muscle weakness and muscle imbalances
- Preventing further injury
- Movement retraining, motor control and postural correction
- Managing and reducing pain
- Restoring functional movement after surgery or injury
- Reconditioning and restoring muscle movement and fitness
- Improving back and joint pain
- Increasing cardiovascular and metabolic conditioning that have resulted from musculoskeletal injuries
Find out more about LifeCare Malvern’s Exercise Strength and Conditioning classes by calling us on 03 9509 8844.